Wednesday, March 9, 2011

"The worst day of my life" by Brady Plummer

Life is hard for a 7 year old who spends a minimum of 4 weeks a year in Orlando being spoiled by his grandparents and friends alike. There's the obvious draw like the Disney parks, but Legoland, Gator World, Gator Golf, Manatees, the driving range, riding in the golf cart, and the heated pool get all kinds of play as well.

Yesterday, Brady and Parker were swimming in the pool on a nice 80 degree afternoon. Brady had taken off his goggles (for some reason) and was dolphin diving around the pool. His eyes were closed b/c the chlorine was bugging them. Next thing you know, Brady is screaming on the side of the pool. Apparently, he had dolphin dove too close to the edge - with his eyes closed, of course - of the pool and literally popped open his chin.

I spoke with Brady in hour 1 of their 4 hour visit to the Emergency Room and he said, "Daddy, this is the worst day of my life. First, Legoland didn't have any Indiana Jones Legos b/c they stopped making them, then I bust open my chin, and I can't even play my DS b/c it needs to be charged. I am so bored."

The only saving grace was that his father had a similar result from jumping off stairs when he was younger. Brady felt better that he will "have a scar just like Daddy!"

"Disappointment" at Legoland!

Brady nervously waits in the ER with NO DSi!

Sweet stitches Brady!

No comments: