Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Heartfelt Apology

I probably shouldn't memorialize Brady getting into some trouble at school. Rather a good mommy should share his many accomplishments and wonderufl moments. Well, yadda yadda yadda, the blog is supposed to be about our lives, right? The good. The bad. The ugly. Well, this is really none of those. It's simply cute.

Brady had a note written in his agenda yesterday that he was being too silly and disruptive during Literacy Centers, and although Mrs. Sigman had warned him of his behavior several times, Brady had been unable to settle down and focus quietly on his second edition Johnny Appleseed Book (he decided to make two so that he and Parker could both have one). Thus, the note home to Mom.

As I organized his nightly homework, I added a plain sheet of paper to the top of the pile and asked him to please write Mrs. Sigman a note apologizing for his rude behavior. I did not help, coach or even look at it until he had folded it up and asked for an envelope. Of course I took a peek!! And I'm so glad I did. ;-)

In case you can't read it, it says:

Dear Mrs. Sigman (with some spelling alteratons!) I am so sorry Mrs. Sigman. I will be better tomorrow and the next day and the next. I am sorry Mrs. Sigman for what I did. I am sorry that I was lowd in class and disruptive (he misspelled l'oud', but got 'disruptive' correct). Brady. I like you.

Now who could possibly stay angry with hearts and hand-holding under rainbows?

No comments: